I developed this flavor profile earlier this year and it quickly became our family's favorite way of doing ribs!
For each rack of ribs:
- 3 Tbs. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tbs. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbs. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- mix 1/3 cup each: Beer, Apple Cider Vinegar & Brown Sugar.
- 1 Sweet Onion Vidalia) Sliced
- Sliced Peaches fresh or canned)
- BBQ Sauce
- Red Pepper Flakes optional)
1) Prepare a rack of your favorite ribs as normal I use spareribs trimmed to a St. Louis cut). Apply the Rib Rub to both sides of ribs. Place in smoker and smoke at 225-250 Degrees using a combination Apple & Hickory for the smoke. Don't forget some sort of water pan for moisture!)
2) After about 2 1/2 hours Ribs should have a decent looking bark forming. Pull the ribs & place on a large sheet of foil Pic 3).
*Start raising the pit temp to 300 - 325 degrees!
3) Top ribs with the onion & peach slices Pic 4). Pour the mop sauce over top & carefully seal the foil around ribs. Place foiled ribs back into 300 - 325 degree smoker. Start checking for tenderness after 1 hour. If meat starts to pull apart when you bend the ribs, they are done!
4) Remove the onions & peaches & set aside. Carefully put the ribs back in the smoker to finish them off for about 15 - 20 minutes. Chop onions & peaches in food processor) to a chunky consistency then mix with an equal amount of BBQ sauce & a sprinkling of red pepper flakes. Warm the sauce up a bit.
5) Liberally brush the Onion/Peach BBQ sauce onto the ribs, slice & enjoy!