Featuring in Big Poppa's Drum Smoker kit: Drum Smoker side table, Ash Catcher assembly, and Circular non-stock cooking mat, this pack has all of the things you need to get started on the right (smoking) foot. This is a great DIY project that allows you to transform an old drum into a championship quality smoker.
Please keep in mind that this kit does NOT come with the 55-gallon drum but, it is available for purchase at Bubba Barrel's.
The Drum Smoker kit will help you build your own "UDS" or "Ugly Drum Smoker." We prefer the term, "Engineered Drum Smoker," because nothing about this kit is ugly!
The kit comes with everything you will need to transform a 55-gallon drum into a competition quality smoker:
- Bottle opener
- Top vent
- 2 bottom slide vents (Stainless Steel)
- Grill Cooking Grate (Nickel Plate)
- Lid Hook
- Lid Handle with wood grips (Stainless Steel)
- Drum Handle with wood grips
- Shield assembly
- Nest Hook
- Nest Assembly (Plain Steel)
- Mounting Hardware for all parts, and full assembly instructions.
- The Side Table includes all mounting hardware needed.
- The Ash Catcher assembly includes all hardware as well.
- Ash Catcher Diameter: 13 1/4"
The Big Poppa Circular Non-stick cooking mat is rated up to 500*F and is not recommended for use over direct flame. Grill small or delicate foods on your new drum smoker with ease!
Reminder: Drum is not included in this offer. Please visit Bubba's Barrels to find a drum.
You will need (DIY Drum Kit does NOT include these):
- a 55-gallon food-quality drum and lid
- electric/cordless drill
- one 7/8" wrench (or adjustable wrench)
- one 7/16" wrench (or an adjustable one also.)
- tape measure
- straight edge
We recommend that you find an unlined, food grade drum. Please make sure a full burn-in of your drum is completed before assembly with the BPS kit.
We suggest burning out your drum AFTER you drill the holes, but BEFORE you add all of the hardware.